Cybercriminals seize on every current event to trap internet users. It was therefore to be expected that sooner or later false invitations for vaccinations would circulate.
We have already received some reports of fraudulent invitations, so be attentive if you receive an invitation for your vaccination.
How can you spot a fake invitation?
- Does the invitation come unexpectedly? Are you already vaccinated or do you think it's not your turn for a good while yet? Then be discerning and review the invitation carefully.
- You always get a personal invitation by post. If your information is known, you will also receive an invitation by text or email. If you only receive a message by email or text, that's suspicious. In theory, you should always receive a paper invitation as well.
- All email invitations are sent from the email address cov19-vaccin[a]doclr.be. So be sure to check the sender if you receive an email invitation. A sender's address can be faked (spoofed), so stay critical.
- The invitation comes in your name. If you receive a message that is not personally addressed to you, it is suspicious.
- You will be invited by the Flemish, Brussels or Walloon government. Under no circumstances will you get an invitation from your municipality, or from any of the brands of vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca etc.)
Continue reading below the examples of fake invitations.
Contact your vaccination centre to be sure.
Are you sure the invitation is false?
- Forward any suspicious message immediately to email@example.com. The sooner we process the message, the fewer casualties there will be. You can also send us images of a fake message.
- Do not click on the link in such a message or open the attachments.
- Do not enter any data.
- Delete the message.
- Contact your bank and/or Cardstop on 070 344 344 if you have passed on bank details. In this way, any fraudulent transactions can be blocked.
- If you have entered a password that you also use elsewhere, change it immediately.
- Report this to the police.
- For Flanders: https://www.laatjevaccineren.be/wie-waar-en-wanneer/je-uitnodiging
- For Brussels: https://coronavirus.brussels/nl/home/
- For Wallonia: https://www.jemevaccine.be/
- German-speaking community: https://www.ostbelgienlive.be/