Never pay via a link sent to you by a buyer or seller. These links take you to a fake website where fraudsters ask for your bank details.
How can you pay more safely?
- Ask for the seller's account number and pay via your own bank (office, website or app).
- Pay in cash when handing over the goods
Have you been scammed?
- If you have entered your credit card or debit card details, notify Card Stop on 078 170 170 (+32 78 170 170 from abroad).
- Contact your bank immediately, to block your last payment and possibly also your account.
- If you notice that money has been stolen from your bank account, be sure to file a complaint with the police.
- Alert the platform on which you made your purchase and report that the buyer/seller is unreliable.
- Forward the suspicious message you clicked on to email@example.com