Have you also received a text message over the past few days that seems to come from itsme®? You can be sure that this is an attempted scam. Phishers will try to steal your bank account information in a wide variety of ways. They use the itsme® name and logo very convincingly, so it’s sometimes difficult to distinguish real from fake.
A few tips from itsme® :
- itsme® will never ask you in an email, by text message, or by phone to reactivate your account, to update your app or to re-enter your bank details because of a strange login or activity.
- Do you need to reactivate your account? If so, always start via the itsme® app or from the website (https://www.itsme.be/en/); never follow a link in an email or text message.
- Never share your bank details over the phone or via (a link in) an email or text message.
Don't fall into the trap!
What to do?
- Do not click on a link in a suspicious message, do not open attachments and do not download applications if you are asked to.
- Suspicious emails can be forwarded to [email protected].
- Suspicious text messages can also be forwarded. Take a screenshot and send it to [email protected]. The content is then processed automatically.
Did you click on a suspicious link?
- If you have clicked on the link, do not complete the fields and terminate any interaction.
- NEVER give out personal codes.
- If you have entered a password that you also use elsewhere, change it immediately.
- If you have clicked on a link that opens a website where you have to submit bank details, first check that this is the real website of your bank. If you have the slightest doubt, do not make a payment.
Have you been scammed?
- If you have lost money or are being extorted, we recommend that you file a report with your local police straight away.
- Contact your bank and/or Card Stop on 078 170 170 (+32 78 170 170 from abroad) if you have passed on bank details, money is disappearing from your bank account or if you have transferred money to a scammer. In this way, any fraudulent transactions can be blocked.